The Rough Notes Company
2013 Community Service Award
Nominations for The Rough Notes Company 2013 Community Service Award are due by December 31. The rules for submission and award application appear below.
As described in the October and November issues of Rough Notes magazine, the award recognizes an agent or agency for exemplary public service to the community. The "community" can be local, national or international. A list of previous winners and their community service projects or charities appeared in the October issue.
Nominations can be made by an agent or broker (including self-nominations) or by employees of an insurance company, an industry association, a vendor or a charity.
The award winner will receive a $5,000 check from The Rough Notes Company to further the winner's charitable work. The winner also will be the guest of The Rough Notes Company at an awards dinner in March 2013 in conjunction with the Rough Notes Marketing Agency of the Year celebration.
An article about the winner's community service work will appear in a subsequent issue of Rough Notes magazine.
Agents and brokers generously donate their time and money to help those less fortunate and make their communities better places in which to live. The Rough Notes Company recognizes and encourages this philanthropic spirit with its annual Community Service Award.
Award Conditions and Prerequisites:
Purpose: To recognize and present an award to an independent insurance broker, agent or agency that has demonstrated extraordinary community service within his, her or their local, regional or national community. To present winning agency or charity designated by the agency with a check in the amount of $5,000 to help further its special cause(s).
Criteria: Nominees will be judged on their overall contribution (funds raised, people helped, volunteerism, etc.) to their community service project and/or initiative, and positive impact (both short-term and long-term) that their efforts have made toward their community.
Nomination period: Nominations will be accepted at the offices of Rough Notes magazine by U.S. mail, overnight delivery or hand-delivery up to and including December 31, 2012. No nomination forms will be accepted after December 31. Please note that no facsimiles or e-mails will be accepted.
1. Nominators must complete the nomination form in its entirety and provide all supporting documentation.
2. All nomination forms and supporting documentation must be received no later than December 31, 2012.
3. No facsimiles or e-mails will be accepted.
4. All nomination forms and supporting documentation become the exclusive property of The Rough Notes Company. Further, the nomination form and supporting documentation may be used at the sole discretion of Rough Notes magazine to publicize the award and award recipient, and to promote the Community Service Award program.
5. Incomplete nomination forms or nomination forms without supporting documents will not be considered.
6. Nominators may nominate themselves or their agency.
Selection: Designated individuals from The Rough Notes Company and selected others will review all nomination forms and supporting documentation and select a winner and honorable mention recipients. The winner and honorable mention recipients will be honored at Rough Notes magazine's Marketing Agency of the Year awards dinner in Indianapolis.
1. The agent or agency will receive a check for $5,000 to be used to further its charitable endeavors.
2. The winning broker, agent or agency will be presented with a sculptured engraved eagle.
3. Rough Notes magazine will publish an article to publicize the community service project and award winner.
The awards dinner will be held in Indianapolis, Indiana, in March 2013.
Mailing: All nomination forms and supporting documents are to be sent to:
The Rough Notes Company
Attention: Community Service Award
11690 Technology Drive
Carmel, Indiana 46032-5600