The Rough Notes Company
2011 Community Service Award
Nominations are due by the end of December
Nominations for The Rough Notes Company 2011 Community Service Award are due by December 31st. The application and rules for submission for the award appear below.
As described in prior issues, the award recognizes an agent or agency for exemplary public service to the community. The "community" can be local, national or international. A list of previous winners and their community service project or charity appears in our October issue.
Nominations can be made by an agent or broker (including self-nominations) or by employees of an insurance company, an industry association, a vendor or charity. (A supporting letter from the charity or community service project must accompany the nomination.)
The winner of the award receives a $5,000 check from The Rough Notes Company payable to the winner's charity or community service project. The winner also receives an eagle statue with an engraved plaque recognizing the winner's community service work.
The winner will be the guest of The Rough Notes Company at an awards dinner in March 2012 in conjunction with Rough Notes Marketing Agency of the Year celebration. An article about the winner's volunteer service work will appear in a subsequent issue of Rough Notes magazine.
Most agents and brokers volunteer their time to help those less fortunate and make their communities a better place to live. The Rough Notes Community Service Award recognizes and encourages this philanthropic spirit.
Award Conditions and Prerequisites
PURPOSE: To recognize and present an award to an independent insurance broker, agent or agency that has demonstrated extraordinary community service within his/her/its local, regional or national community. And, to present the winning community service project with a check in the amount of $5,000 to help further its special cause(s).
Criteria: Nominees will be judged on their overall contribution (funds raised, people helped, volunteerism, etc.) to their community service project and/or initiative, and the positive impact (both short-term and long-term) that their efforts have made toward their community service project.
Nomination Period: Nominations will be accepted at the offices of Rough Notes magazine by U.S. mail, overnight delivery or hand delivery up to and including December 31, 2011. No nomination forms will be accepted after December 31, 2011. Please note that no facsimiles or e-mails will be accepted.
1. Nominators must complete the nomination form in its entirety and provide all supporting documentation;
2. All nomination forms and supporting documentation must be received at the offices of Rough Notes magazine no later than December 31, 2011;
3. No facsimiles or e-mails will be accepted;
4. All nomination forms and supporting documentation become the exclusive property of The Rough Notes Company. Further, the nomination form and supporting documentation may be used at the sole discretion of Rough Notes magazine to publicize the award and award recipient, and to promote the Community Service Award program;
5. A letter from the community service project verifying and describing the project must accompany the nomination form;
6. Incomplete nomination forms or nomination forms without supporting documents will not be considered;
7. Nominators may nominate themselves or their agency.
Note: Please detail only one service project per nominee.
Selection: Designated individuals from The Rough Notes Company and selected others will review all nomination forms and supporting documentation and select a winner and honorable mention recipients. The winner and honorable mention recipients will be honored at Rough Notes magazine's Marketing Agency of the Year awards dinner in Indianapolis. A representative of the winning community service project will also be invited to attend this function to be honored and presented with a check.
1. The winning community service project will be presented with a check in the amount of $5,000 in the name of the award recipient.
2. The winning broker, agent or agency will be presented with a sculptured engraved eagle.
3. Rough Notes magazine will publish an article to publicize the community service project and the award winner.
4. The awards dinner will be held in Indianapolis in early 2012.
Mailing: All nomination forms and supporting documents are to be sent to:
The Rough Notes Company
Attn: Community Service Award
11690 Technology Drive
Carmel, Indiana 46032-5600